Saturday, October 4, 2008

Louisville

I felt like a fool today for not grabbing my camera while I was searching for food this evening on 4th at Liberty as I walked with my eyes fixed on none other than Colonel Sanders himself. Sometimes, being a small unit on the road means taking whats given...and we got it that night. The general sentiment was to get the hell outta dodge, but, that night, being in Louisville, KY, I had to protest that I would not leave until I saw Colonel Sanders. So you can imagine my surprise and disappointment when I spied the fast food celebrity in his matching white hair-goatee-suit combo shaking hands with passerby. I had stumbled into a sort of Disneyland for grown-ups. In fact, I was carded on the street before I was allowed to enter and found my hands each marked with a big black 'm.' I found a cantina that I hoped would have a burrito on the menu. So a walked into this place was made completely of shiny plastic that had been molded and painted to resemble cartoonish wooden boards. I found my way to the bar and grabbed a menu.
Earlier, I had noticed the bartenders at Coyotes. Each of them was in their own personal bartending gear that exposed generous amounts of thigh and cleavage, wandering around the floor, smoking cigarettes and helping each other tie back their shirts to show off a little more skin where possible just before the doors opened. But even after witnessing that little dance I was surprised to look up from the menu to see Brandi at the cantina. She took the cake with her camo panties over the wide-diamond fishnets into the motorcycle boots. She wasn't exactly repulsive, but her choice of wardrobe wasn't helping her cause. So I tried not to laugh out loud and asked her if the restaurant was paying her extra to look that bad as I ordered my play-doh-like beans and sprinkle of rice wadded in a tortilla.
With my dinner in hand, I was happy to be leaving the 4th street promenade. It wasn't even 7:30 and there were tons of girls with unfortunate senses of fashion and dudes with unfortunate amounts of gel in their hair (if they had enough hair) all of whom had unfortunate drinking habits. I felt like I was becoming intoxicated just by being in the same airspace with these people.
Haha, and I think I'm getting sick. Tomorrow is a new day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How... Unfortunate.
Damn, looks like Brandi stole the outfit I was planning on wearing to the LA show on my birthday. Looks like I'll have to find some other way to dazzle than with my fashion sense. :)

Blog on my dear, Blog on...

itookthewalk said...

I hope you really said that.

Anonymous said...

i met u in louisville.. outside.. mingly with the little girls who eye-cursed me bc i thought their screaming was wayyy hilarious. anyways... i met u and was like "who are u?" and i kept asking...bc u looked at me like i was an alien from a far off planet for not knowing who u were. lol..no hard feelings. i understand it happens. my girls and i harmless. just wanted to ask one more time... "who are you?" hahahhaha just teasing. best of everything to you.
wait.. im not a member on here i just realized if u want to be friends with a random girl who has no idea who u are (me, btw..lol) u have no way of doing that. hm... any suggestions? i think im rambling. wait..i thiunk i just figured it out... lol... lets be friends, k? :)

Crystal Renae said...

wow...that is a sad day kinda story. poor brandi and her horrid outfit. i hope she doesn't think she looks good! :( hope all is well. see you in about a month! yay!

Meghan said...

If you thought Brandi's outfit was bad you should have seen what Candi and Mandi were wearing!

When I was younger whenever I read the word colonel, in my head I would say it phonetically, like col-en-el.

Anonymous said...

hah, i thought you were kidding when you said you were going to start blogging more. apparently not. bueno. check out my new one, i want to interview you like i am with jeff, the MJB band, etc...xr

Anonymous said...

oh fishnets. i love louisville though. im sad i missed that show. see 'ya in chicago!

Carly said...

Austin. We met again last night, after Montclair. I knew I liked you. You write! Now at least I know I can find you here. Parting was such sweet sorrow. :)

Carly

P.S. - Come back to NJ soon. Visit dad, visit me, all that. You know I've got some big plans. :)